As a User of the EMAT Site you may, from time to time, post content and share it with other users, read content generated by other visitors to the EMAT Site and other affiliated sites, and view third party postings and reviews regarding products and services. If you wish to post content to, or participate in the EMAT Site other than simply by reading product information and content and reviews posted by others, you must register using the registration form available by clicking the “register” link near the top of any page on enginemage.com.
Changes to the SHO Site
Use of the Site/Services
You may use the EMAT Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. For example, you may use the EMAT Site to solicit opinions, ideas and other input from, and share ideas and opinions with, other Users, and to search the EMAT Site for User Content and business or product information. You may also invite people you know to join the EMAT Site. You acknowledge and agree that we do not control the User Content posted to the EMAT Site, or any links to other websites, including the content of any messages, and that we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User Content. You further understand and agree that (i) we do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements or other User Content posted on or otherwise displayed on or transmitted via the EMAT Site, or (ii) we do not make any promises, guarantees or warranties with respect to any of the User Content or products, services, information, content or materials featured or mentioned on the EMAT Site. All User Content, including advice and opinions posted by Users, comprises the views and responsibility of those who post such User Content, and does not necessarily represent the our views. You understand that, by using the EMAT Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE OR RELIANCE ON ANY USER CONTENT, ANY ERROR OR OMISSION IN ANY USER CONTENT, ANY CLAIM THAT ANY USER CONTENT IS DEFAMATORY, LIBELOUS OR VIOLATES ANY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, CONTRIBUTION TO, USE OF AND/OR RELIANCE ON USER CONTENT.
Restrictions on Rights to Use
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on the EMAT Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the EMAT Site;
- collect any information about other Users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and/or share reviews with other Users;
- reformat or frame any portion of any Web pages that are part of the EMAT Site;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit to other Users unsolicited electronic communications, such as “spam,” or otherwise interfere with other Users’ enjoyment of the EMAT Site;
- submit to the EMAT Site any content that falsely states or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- transmit or upload to the EMAT Site any item containing or embodying any virus, worm, defect, Trojan horse, software bomb or other feature designed to damage or degrade in any manner the performance of the EMAT Site, any other Web site, or any computer or other device or system, or the enjoyment of the EMAT Site by any User;
- use the EMAT Site to violate the security of or gain unauthorized access to any computer or computer network or other device or system (including unauthorized attempts to discover passwords or security encryption codes);
- submit to the EMAT Site any content that is unlawful or facilitates, constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal activity; or otherwise use the EMAT Site to transfer or store illegal material, including any material deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any User Content offered on the EMAT Site other than for your personal, non-commercial use;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data or traffic load on the EMAT Site or the IT infrastructure used to operate and make the SHO Site available;
- use the EMAT Site and/ or any User Content, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law; or
- collect or store personal data about other Users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
User Content Posted By You on the EMAT Site
- You may not post, upload or transmit any User Content that (i) infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity or privacy right or other proprietary right of any party, or (ii) is proprietary to a third party, without such third party’s prior written consent.
- You are solely responsible for any User Content you post, publish or display on the EMAT Site or transmit to Users. We reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and any other User, or any other entity or individual, in connection with the EMAT Site. You are solely responsible for the resolution of any disputes that arise between you and any other User or any other entity or individual.
- You will post only User Content you believe in good faith to be true and accurate, and you will not post to the EMAT Site any User Content that is false, inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent.
- If you are employed by EMAT or if you have received or will receive any compensation or consideration from EMAT , including but not limited to product samples, directly or indirectly in exchange for any opinion, endorsement, review or critique that you post, upload or transmit on the EMAT Site, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose the nature of your connection to EMAT .
- In return for your access to and use of the EMAT Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms enumerated below with respect to any Ideas you submit on the SHO Site:
- To the best of your knowledge, the Idea represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the Idea to EMAT and in doing so EMAT ‘ use of the Idea will not infringe upon any other individual’s or entity’s rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your Idea to EMAT does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate EMAT to treat the Idea (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that EMAT has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your Idea and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea, related Ideas or Ideas derived from your Idea. You understand that EMAT assumes no obligation with respect to any Idea. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your idea. In the absence of a separate formal contact, your rights shall be limited to those existing under the patent laws of the United States.
- If your Idea is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact to EMAT .
- You understand that, except to the extent that these terms are superseded by a separate agreement in writing by you and EMAT , you hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge EMAT and its affiliates and subsidiaries from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against EMAT and its affiliates and subsidiaries or their respecting successors and assigns with respect to the Idea, including without limitation in respect of how EMAT and its affiliates and subsidiaries, directly or indirectly, use the Idea, with the sole exception in respect of the foregoing release and discharge being your right to bring a claim of patent infringement.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of User Content that is illegal and/or is prohibited on or through the EMAT Site. You may not post any User Content that:
- is patently offensive to users of the EMAT Site, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; or
- seeks, or recommends providers of, material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
If you believe any User Content or any other aspect of the EMAT Site infringes your copyright, you should send written notice of copyright infringement to our designated copyright agent at the address given below. Your notice must meet the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (as required under 17 U.S.C. §512) by providing the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the EMAT Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright at issue or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright at issue.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the SHO Site may be reached at the following address:
EngineMage Auto Tools and Parts, Inc.
2900 S Quincy St., Suite 300A,
Arlington, VA 22206
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) pursuant to a Digital Millennium Copyright Act notice we received is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Cook County, Virginia, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, EMAT may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at EMAT’ sole discretion.
Any trademarks, service marks, and other marks and indicators of source or origin that are displayed on the EMAT Site are the proprietary property of EMAT or our respective licensors, as applicable. None of such marks may be used in connection with any other product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, or to disparage or discredit the owner of such mark or its affiliates. Any trademarks of third parties that appear on the EMAT Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us. You may not use, copy, modify or display any of the trademarks, service marks, names or logos appearing on the EMAT Site without the express written permission of the trademark owner.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SHO SITE, AND OF ANY USER CONTENT, INFORMATION, ADVICE, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE SHO SITE, IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE MAKE NO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, OPERATION AND/OR USE OF THE SHO SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USER CONTENT PROVIDED VIA THE SHO SITE, AND ALL OTHER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE SHO SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN ADDITION, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT ACCESSIBLE VIA THE SHO SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY ASPECT OF THE SHO SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USER CONTENT AND ALL OTHER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE SHO SITE. FURTHER, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES THAT THE SHO SITE OR THE USER CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM US OR THE SHO SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
EMAT may display advertising prints for products sold through a EMAT Site. EMAT attempts to display the colors of the products shown on the EMAT Site as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the color you see matches the product color, as the display color depends, in part, upon the monitor used by you.
Limitation on Liability
Third Party Advertisements and Links to Third Party Sites
To see EMAT’s shipping and delivery policies in more detail, including product specific guidelines, please see the EngineMage Auto Tools and Partsoutlet.com Frequently Asked Questions. EMAT offers optional store pickup for items ordered online, according to the Ship to a EMAT Store Guidelines EMAT does not currently ship to Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands. Some oversized items requiring freight delivery cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Website passes to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier. You may purchase merchandise from the EMAT Site by using any one of the options listed in Payment Options. EMAT reserves the right to change its payment procedures at any time without prior notice to you.
EMAT charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on the EMAT Site based on the applicable state sales tax rate of the location to which the order is being shipped.
Some products offered through the EMAT Websites may be fulfilled by third party merchants. Third party merchants’s shipping and delivery policies may differ from those offered by EMAT. When ordering a product sold by a third party merchant, you should check the third party merchant’s page for details on their shipping and delivery policies.
EMAT reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services which the sale or use of such product and/or service in your state or jurisdiction is restricted or prohibited.
To properly serve all customers, EMAT reserves the right to limit quantities of orders to only one (1) of any such item(s) purchased. EMAT further reserves the right to cancel multiple orders of any limited quantity item purchased by the same User and/or shipped to the same delivery address. Commercial use of the EMAT site is expressly prohibited. EMAT reserves the right to cancel any orders that it determines in its sole discretion are made for commercial resale purposes.
Pricing errors may occur on the EMAT site from time to time, on items sold by EMAT, or items sold by third party merchants on EMAT Marketplace. EMAT attempts to correct all pricing errors as soon as they are discovered, or as soon as EMAT receives notice of an error. EMAT reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from EMAT. Any payments you make to EMAT for orders that are cancelled due to pricing errors will be refunded.
Returns and Cancellations
Changes to Terms of Service
Contact and Violations
One or more patents may apply to this Web site, including without limitation: U.S. Patent Nos. 5,528,490; 5,761,649; 6,029,142; and 5,970,474.